For problems not addressed by the troubleshooting guides in this section of the documentation, please contact us for assistance.
Before Requesting Support
- Confirm that troubleshooting steps in this section of the documentation do not address your problem. If your problem is related to add-in loading or installation, they almost certainly do.
- Check the general usage tips for working with Macabacus add-ins if your problem is not related to loading/installation or Internet connectivity.
- Check the release notes to determine if a software update has already addressed your problem.
- Update your Macabacus software to the latest version and try to reproduce the problem, if possible.
- Determine if the problem is document- or application-level by trying to reproduce the problem in a new file—like a blank workbook.
- Determine if the problem is related to Macabacus or another add-in by disabling other add-ins and trying to reproduce the problem.
- Check the "Show add-in user interface errors" box under
File > Options > Advanced > General. If this box was not originally checked, reproduce the problem and note any new error messages that appear.
Submit a Support Request
In Excel, PowerPoint, or Word, click the
Macabacus > Help > Email Support button to compose a new support request email in Outlook that includes attachments we may need to investigate your problem. If you do not use Outlook, email firstname.lastname@example.org from your email client/service. So that we can resolve your issue as quickly as possible, be sure your email includes:
- A description of the problem and the steps and/or conditions required to reproduce it
- The result of each troubleshooting step performed in accordance with this documentation, if applicable
- Screen shots of any error messages or other relevant information
- The affected document, if the problem is related to a specific file (see above). We cannot effectively troubleshoot a document-level problem without the affected file, or at least a sanitized version of it with confidential information removed
- Your Macabacus settings (an XML file), if not already attached
- A diagnostics report, if you use Outlook for email. Otherwise, include Information about your computing environment such as your Windows, Office, and Macabacus versions, and what other add-ins you have installed
This documentation refers to Macabacus version 8.11.7. Some features and descriptions of these features may not
apply to older versions of Macabacus. Update your Macabacus software to take advantage of the latest features.